There is no one-size-fits-all approach to finding the best path for you. Your needs, experiences, beliefs, brain wiring, perceptions, history and more, make you the person you are. Other people may have similar feelings, challenges or experiences, but like fingerprints, how all of that is arranged within you isn’t replicated anywhere else.
This means what you need from therapy and a therapist is going to be unique to you. You deserve someone who “gets” you and has experience in the issues that are important to you.
Just as not every therapist is the right fit for every client, not every client is the right fit for every therapist- a good fit is a must for all involved. The clients I work with most effectively often say they started therapy for the reasons below- do any of these sound like you?
- Wanting to chart a new course
- Being overwhelmed by worry
- Never feeling good enough
- Wanting to figure out a path forward
- Feeling held back by old pain
- Wanting better communication
- Feeling anxious about where things stand
- Thinking “If my partner would just…”
- Wanting *this* relationship to be different
- Feel frustrated about everyday conflicts
- Being uncertain how to connect
- Feeling frustrated with your kids
- Wondering if you’re “parenting right”
- Wanting to support your LGBTQ+ kid
- Feeling unsure about a blended family
If the reasons for beginning therapy listed above feel familiar, check out the rest of my website to see if what I do and how I do it feels like the right fit for you.
I am committed to co-creating a safe, inclusive and welcoming space for everyone with whom I work, so if it feels like we might be a good fit, reach out and we can have a conversation.
Want to see if we’re a good fit? Reach out to schedule a free 15 minute call.